Sunday, May 25, 2008

Quiet

A good day today. The weather is in the mid 70s in Northern VA. I was up early as usual; walked my dog, as usual, showered, as usual, went to church - - - whoa! Not usual! But it was flea market day; all proceeds going toward our new church and I was to help set up and man the "Catholic Table".

A goooood flea market by the way. They don't sell junk. Well, maybe some junk, but some exquisite furniture. I'll tell you right now, Father is quite the salesman - offered to sell a television cabinet to me for half price - it was marked $50, he'd give it to me for $25. Had it fit in my car and/or living room, I'd have bought it. Just because he's my priest. :) I saw probably 16 strollers - in nearly new condition, television sets, lamps, microwaves, electronics...but my favorite was the book aisle. Last year, I bought 2 bags full of books - every Nicholas Sparks book I could find for my daughter and some fine reading for me, particularly a book on my hero Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen. This year I was more conservative; I only spent $10 in books, Shakespeare's complete works; two biographies; and huzzah! "From the Angel's Blackboard"...the best of Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen! Whoooo! SCORE!

Manning the Catholic Table is fun; everything was free, rosaries, medals, books, magnets, prayer cards. One of the ladies would advertise "FREE RELIGIOUS ARTICLES!" I was a little more sly; "We're in the shade!" And as they got closer I'd move in for the kill; "Everything on the table is for free! FREEEEE" I have no shame.

I was finished by 10:30 am, came home. I could have cleaned, but didn't want to spoil a fine day and decided to start watching my new k-drama (new to me, old to South Korea) "Legend / The Story of the First King's Four Gods" starring Bae Yong Joon; immensely popular in Asia for a number of projects, not the least of which is "Winter Sonata". I'll write more about it later; starting a little slow for me ~ those Koreans sure like to take it back - this one started 2000 years before the main characters were born, there's reincarnation, Turtle, Phoenix, Dragon and Tiger guardians, lots of biblical imagery, it's pretty loaded. But later, later.

I just got back from confession and feeling pretty good. I could clean...but don't want to spoil a fine evening. Maybe in a bit...in a bit.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online