Friday, June 20, 2008

Kingdom of the Winds

As far as I know, Song Il Guk's management company, Barunson, has yet to officially announce his participation as King Damushin in "Kingdom of the Winds", even though word has it that he is already in China filming this KBS' sageuk.

Actress actress Choi Jeong-Won [최정원] has been slated as one of Damushin's concubines, and actress Oh Yoon-Ah [오윤아]will play Damushin's wet nurse. Jeong Jin-Yeong and Jeong Tae-Seong have also been cast; I just don't know in what capacity yet.

KotW is a popular graphic novel, or manga, foundation: Korean history; genre: fantasy. It has also been made into the pay to play multiplayer online role playing game NEXUS: The Kingdom of the Winds (Korean:바람의 나라), alternately known as Nexus TK or simply Nexus. The game is currently run in the US by Kru Interactive.

I'm a tool enough to check out the graphic novels, old enough not to be interested in the game.



http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shellview.htm?linkid=16&articleid=20080614184028360b6&newssetid=83

information provided by the inimitable dramaok

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

"Old enough" to not be interested? The day you begin to try to seperate yourself from your carefree childhood spirit is the day you begin to turn into one of those grumpy 80 year old men/women who yell at kids in their front yard. /horrible analogy

Anyway, I'm planning on reading the graphic novels. I played the game several years ago, it's one of the oldest MMOs around, and it shows. Ancient graphics, but the community and gameplay are topnotch (Or, were. I've no idea how the community fairs now).

Unknown said...

Haaaa :) I always sucked at vgames. My kids thought I was pathetic. Definitely go get the novels - my firsr foray into the genre. Interesting. I don't think the show will be exactly like the novels but more like history. Or so I've heard.

blogger templates | Make Money Online