Monday, December 10, 2007

Travels

Christmas Song of the Day: Do You Hear What I Hear

A child, a child, sleeping in the night, he will bring us goodness and light
He will bring us goodness and light


Love the song and the sentiment, but mostly, I love Whitney Houston version because it was the first time I realized I have a voice range similar to hers. I just like singing it

I drive a lot.

In 2004, I drove 32,000 miles. In 2005, I drove 38,000 miles. Once I moved to Virginia, I cut down significantly and drove a meager 22,000 miles for the whole of 2006. Go ahead, ask me what my average price per gallon was in 2004. Spreadsheets rule.

Anyway, when you drive, you see some very interesting things. Most interesting that I’ve noted so far this year:

Miller's Orchards Farm Market
Clark's Summit, Pennsylvania

The Nascar-Themed Corn Maze. This just makes me smile. I am not the demographic that they are targeting, I get that. But good for them. I bet they make a ton of money.

Ho-Mart Convenience Stores
Hinds Oil Company

Conveniently located in three Pennsylvania townships! There is a move underfoot to stop Santa from employing his usual belly laugh of "Ho! Ho! Ho!" because is offensive to women. Perhaps someone should reconsider the name of this chain. I'm just sayin' is all.

Bo's Restaurant and Museum
Wallace, North Carolina

The name amused me. It was not open when my daughter and I drove by it, so we were unable to indulge our dual love of food and aestheticism. We were bitterly disappointed. Wish they had a website.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online