Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sleeeeeeeep

Bee Gees Song of the Day: I Started a Joke

I started a joke, which started the whole world crying,
But I didnt see that the joke was on me, oh no.
I started to cry, which started the whole world laughing,
Oh, if Id only seen that the joke was on me.




Some days, it’s just hard to get up.

I don’t know if I’m exhibiting signs of depression or if it’s my age, but I just can’t sleep well lately.

I’m pretty sure it’s my age. Sigh* I've been knocking off between 8pm and 9pm, and waking up between 3am and 5am. Mostly at 3:30 am. I'm pretty much up for the day.

I'm feeling better now than I did when I woke up. I received an email from a friend who lives on the other side of the world – HER work day was nearly ended. At 5am, I was bitter. Mine was just starting, and not particularly well.

Parenthetically, I’m never sure if I should be jealous of the fact that she lives in a time zone that is 13 hours ahead of mine. For example, when she goes to work on Monday morning, I have my pajamas on and I’m just settling in to watch “America’s Funniest Home Videos” with my daughter on Sunday night.

But her weekend comes before mine. It all evens out I suppose.

My cheerful Filipina friend sent me a perky email. I could only respond to her cheeriness with "uhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn". It was as articulate as I could be. There are days I wish I drank caffeine.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online