Monday, October 22, 2007

Post Script

Bee Gees Song of the Day: Melody Fair

Who is the girl at the window pane,
Watching the rain falling down?
Melody, life isn't like the rain;
Its just like a merry go round.


Saturday, I had a slew of errands to run to prepare for the homecoming dance that evening. I couldn’t start any of it before I knew what a tire was going to cost.

I took my car to a nearby auto repair shop. Bill was an absolute darling, listened to and understood my requirement (which was “I got no money Bill, make it cheap.”). The opposite of my freakish experience with Vacuum Man, Bill took no umbrage and did not immediately attempt to shove product down my throat. Flexible and full of suggestions, Bill offered to have someone look at my tire to see if it was repairable. I saw the treads on that tire and knew I needed new ones. But since I had to fit in all my running around, I acquiesced.

It was a broken stem valve or broken valve stem (whatever). They repaired it and mounted on my car for free. My expectations were exceeded and unlike Vacuum Man, they will get all my business in the future and I will send them customers when I can.

They paid it forward. I will continue to do so for them; Scott will remain in my prayers for his good health and happiness; and I will continue to offer up blessings for the single mom standing outside the Subway.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online