- Lee Yo Won as Princess Duk Man, later Queen Seon Duk
- Nam Ji Hyun as 15 year old Princess Duk Man
- Ko Hyun Jung as Lady Mi Shil
- Uee as 18 year old Mi Shil
- Uhm Tae Woong as Kim Yoo Shin
- Lee Hyun Woo as young Kim Yoo Shin
- Park Ye Jin as Princess Chun Myung
- Yoo Seung Ho as Kim Chun Chu (Chun Myung and Kim Yong Soo's son, ep34~)
- Kim Nam Gil as Bi Dam (King Jinji and Mi Shil's son, ep21~)
- Park Ji Bin as young Bi Dam
- Lee Seung Hyo as Alcheon
- Ho Hyo Hoon (호효훈) as young Alcheon
- Jung Ho Bin as Moon No (the 8th leader of Hwarang Warriors)
- Jo Min Ki as King Jinpyeong (Duk Man and Chun Myung's father)
- Yoon Yoo Sun as lady Ma Ya (King Jinyeong's wife)
- Park Soo Jin as young Ma Ya
- Seo Young Hee as So Hwa
- Title: 선덕여왕 (善德女王) / Seondeok Yeo Wang
- Also known as: Queen Seon Duk
- Tagline: The one who secures the people will acquire the world and rule the ages
- Genre: Historical Drama
- Episodes: 62
- Broadcast network: MBC
- Broadcast period: 2009-May-25 to 2009-Dec-22
- Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55
SynopsisDeokman was born a twin but was abandoned as a baby and sent to a place far away by her father, King Jinpyeong in order to protect her from being killed by an influenced royal court lady, Mishil who tries to snatch away the throne from the royal successor. Deokman was later brought back to the Silla palace, where she joined forces with her twin sister Princess Cheonmyong to oppose Mishil. However, Mishil devised sinister plans to have the two Silla princesses exiled from the kingdom, and in a secretive battle, Princess Cheonmyong was accidentally killed. But Princess Deokman shrewdly enlisted the help of General Kim Yusin and eliminated her archenemy Mishil. She then became Queen Seon Deok, the first female ruler of the Silla kingdom. This drama is about a story of a beautiful queen, who has to give up her love to save the people and thus, leaving behind many brilliant achievements.
Yeah, so that's the synopsis DramaWiki would like you to have. You can have it.
90 points on the e-mometer, which is way higher than the series deserves in my book. Well, OK - I'll say that the tragic ending was a tear-jerker and I was most certainly moved. Moved still to see YuShin still by the Queen's side at the end, just as he promised in the beginning.
So OK. I'll let the 90 stand.